Manchester United's Wayne Rooney says best goal of the season was against ... - Goal.com

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has revealed that he regards his header against Manchester City in the FA Cup as his best goal this season, as he answered fans' questions.

Rooney was quizzed about his recent acquisition of a horse, what he thinks about before taking a penalty, which Olympic event he would like to compete in and what has been the best moment of his football career so far.

As far as his favourite goal so far this season is concerned, the United striker told United Review: "I'd probably say my header against City in the Cup. It was a great cross from Antonio [Valencia] and, although I could see Nani coming towards the ball at the same time, my sole focus was on winning the header – and thankfully it went in."

On the question of taking penalties, Rooney said: "You just try to stay calm. I always know where I'm going to put the ball – I make my mind up the day before the game. I watch videos of the goalkeeper, have a chat with our goalkeeping coach and then decide. When you're stood there you just try to avoid eye contact with the goalkeeper and wait for the referee's whistle."

As for the best moment of his career to date, the United star had no hesitation in citing the Red Devils' Premier League success of 2006-07. He told the Review: "Winning my first league title. It was a great feeling and, by far, my proudest in football."

When it comes the Olympics, Rooney revealed his interest in the noble art: "I'd have to say boxing. I've always been a big fan and would enjoy taking part."

It's no surprise that the former Everton man would fancy a go at boxing as the sport runs through his family with his brother a professional in the ring.

But horse-racing is another Rooney passion, one he shares with club-mate and co-owner of Manor House Stables, Michael Owen. Like Owen, he is also a racehorse owner, telling the Review: "I've named it Switcharooney. I'm keeping it at Michael's stables under a great trainer and it will probably start running around May time. Hopefully it does well."


How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.

19 Feb, 2012


-
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGQY_5VOZjDG-TX2OofqQemiXO_mg&url=http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/19/2915213/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-says-best-goal-of-the-season-was-
--
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.